Saturday, March 3, 2007

Seeking God Early

We know that we can seek God at all times, that we do not need a special appointment. All we need is the desire in our heart to be with Him.

Over the years I have found that there is something special when the first thing I do each morning is take time with the Lord. Practically speaking it makes all the difference in the day. In Him I find all that I need, and as I poise my heart before Him, it helps to set my course for that which is ahead of me. Probably, the best way for me to explain this is to comment on how different it is when I do not take the time to just be with Him in the morning.

If you are like me, there is a time in the morning when the activities of the day start, and they keep me busy from that point on. Sure, the Lord is with me no matter what, yet when I have been with Jesus first thing, I know the difference. His presence and His love make a difference in me, all the difference. As I am with Him, whether in prayer, or in the Word, or just enjoying His presence, there is something wonderful that happens. All I can say my day is better when I take time each morning to be with Him and focus on His love and the relationship I have with Him. This is not a religious duty; it is the wonderful opportunity to begin the day with Jesus.

David had a heart to seek God early.

Ps 63:1-5
1 O God, You are my God;
Early will I seek You;
My soul thirsts for You;
My flesh longs for You
In a dry and thirsty land
Where there is no water.
2 So I have looked for You in the sanctuary, To see Your power and Your glory.
3 Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips shall praise You.
4 Thus I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name.
5 My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness, And my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips.

Even Jesus took time in the morning to pray.

Mark 1:35
Now in the morning, having risen a long while before daylight, He went out and departed to a solitary place; and there He prayed.

As I said there is just something special that can happen in the morning when we spend time early with Him. In the Old Testament, when the Children of Israel were in the wilderness, the Lord brought manna for them each day (except the Sabbath). The people would get up and go out while it was still early and gather the manna, because if they waited till later, the manna was gone. He provided something special, something from Heaven for them each morning.

This is not to say that He does not provide for us at others times, that is not the case at all. The purpose of this note and this example from the OT is simply to illustrate how wonderful and special time in the morning with the Lord can be.

If you have not been spending time with Him in the morning, I encourage you to give it a try. There is nothing that compares to time with Jesus, and as we start our days with Him, we can have a whole new outlook on life.

God bless you all.

1 comment:

Pilgrim said...

Some people have an Idea that God is inclusive for mans eternal destiny, that all religions and all people will be saved. That God will allow all of mankind to enter into heaven because everybody is good so God must be fair and include everyone! It is true God does love the whole world but God is exclusive about mans eternal destiny without the Savior. To keep this simple man has a problem called sin in which man refuses to believe that there are eternal consequences for having sin, which is a one way ticket to hell. God is holy and he will not allow anyone with sin to enter into heaven. God is hurt and angry about our sin, we have broken his laws. But God is just and good and he knows our need so he provided a solution to our problem. His solution to our problem is to have our sins removed by having our sins placed on someone else, a sacrifice for us; paying for the penalty of the sin we have in our lives. So that someone else would get the penalty of Gods wrath and separation on him that was meant for us. So God sent his son Jesus on a mission from heaven to earth as our sacrifice to die on the cross on our behalf after this happened three days later Jesus came back from the dead, alive. But that’s not all remember I wrote that God is exclusive about mans eternal destiny without the Savior? The only way that Gods promise can be applied to your life is for you to turn from your way of thinking and know that your sin offends and hurts God and call on the Lord Jesus who’s alive to save you. Your sins are then transferred to Jesus for what he did at the cross, dying and being abandon by God because of your sins, for you and because Jesus arose from the dead he is alive you can now enter into a relationship with God. Will you call out to Jesus to save you? It’s your choice to enter in exclusively with God’s grace for you. Where will you want to spend eternity after hearing Gods promise for you?
If the answer was yes that you do want Jesus as your sin bearer, Savior, and you do believe God raised Jesus from the dead you can pray with your voice.

“Dear Jesus save me.”

Acts 20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance towards God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

http://www.shipwrecksoul.blogspot.com