Saturday, March 3, 2007

Being and Encourager is Encouraging

I had a couple great incidents this week where I was praying for a couple of friends of mine. While I was praying I was "inspired" to call each of them (one on one day, and another the next day). The purpose of this note is to remind us all of the power of prayer and encouragement. We don't always get responses when we pray, but there are times when the Lord let's us see just how powerfully He can move when we pray.

What started off as my simple attempt to encourage each of these men, wound up being a wonderfully encouraging experience for each of us. The other evening I was praying for the first man, and I had such a sense of God's heart of love for him, as I prayed I stopped for a moment and called him to share that I was feeling the love of the Lord for him. He was not there so I left him a voice mail message. Here is what he wrote to me the next day.

"I got your voice message. I was commenting to my wife last night that while driving home at about 5:30 or so I had the most amazing thing happen. I felt the strongest downdraft of the love of God I had ever experienced. It was so amazing. It was very warm and I felt like my spirit was filling up with the concentrated, warm love of God. I have never experienced anything quite so intense that seemed like pure love before. I wonder if this was when you were praying for me?" (Note – yes, it was the time I was praying.)

In the other case I prayed for this brother who is in a job transition. We have both been busy and haven't seen each other for a while, so I wanted to call him and encourage him, especially as I was prompted by the Holy Spirit. I left him a voice mail message, and let him know how much I appreciated him, that I was praying for him, and that I knew the Lord would be making a way for him in this time of change. The next day he calls me and he was just blown away, the message I left him was a tremendous blessing for him, he went on and on and told me he had just thought about me the day before and told his wife he had missed talking to me.

I know these men were blessed – and so was I. As you can imagine I am going to continue to pray for people and encourage them as I hear from the Lord.

It is my prayer that this "testimony" is something that motivates people to pray and encourage others. Just imagine how much the Lord can do in changing the world as we simply start hearing and doing, and letting Him touch others through what we do.

God bless you all.

No comments: