Saturday, March 3, 2007

One Thing

In the midst of a busy world that can be full of all sorts of distractions and troubles there is a place of hope and quiet – that place is the presence of the Lord.

No matter what is going on, or how you feel, He is there for us. Whether you are overwhelmed, or tired, or you have circumstances that are pressing in on you from all sides, the Lord is there for all of us. He is there for us even when times are good, we don't have to issues or use problems as a reason to cry out to the Lord. At anytime, in any place, and no matter what is going on. or how we feel, He is there for us.

The Psalms are a favorite part of the Bible for me, I love reading them all the time. David and the other writers share their real life experiences. They all have their ups and downs, their troubles and complaints, and the times they feel on top of the world. These writings are not canned religious rhetoric; rather these are words from the heart.

Psalm 27 is one of my favorites; it has spoken to me and refreshed me, encouraged me, and given me hope for years. David opens up his heart in the middle of a tough time when he is overwhelmed and surrounded by the enemy. Yet by the time he is done writing he is sharing about the hope and strength and rescue he has experienced in the Lord.

Verse 4 shares a great heart cry of deep passion, which demonstrates David had experienced much in the presence of the Lord.

One thing I have desired of the LORD, That will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the LORD, And to inquire in His temple.

David was able to reach past his circumstances and grab a hold of the Lord. It is my belief that David found a bit of heaven on earth in His relationship with the Lord.

The same place and the same reality of His presence is there for each of us, all we need do is cry out and reach out. What a difference there will be in our lives and even in the world around us as we too cry out for One Thing.

God bless you all.

No comments: